October 1, 2014
All Mid-Trimester Reports have been converted into Google Docs and are available to School District 21 staff members through this link: Mid-Trimester Reports 1st – 5th Grade
Creating reports for your students
1. Create a folder within your Google Drive named Mid-Tri Progress Report Templates.
2. Go to your Google Drive Shared with Me/Incoming and find the folder from the account [email protected] titled, “Mid-Tri Report Forms 14-15”.
3. Make copies of each of the forms that are applicable for your students:
- Bilingual teachers will need the Tier A/B Forms
- ESL teachers will need the Tier C/ESL Forms
- Most general education teachers will need the General Education and Tier C/ESL Forms
- Most teachers will need forms in multiple languages based on the written translations field within PowerSchool
4. Once you have created all of the necessary copies for your students, move each copy into a newly created folder in your Drive titled, “Mid-Tri Progress Reports Templates”.
5. Now, make an individual copy of the applicable form for each of your students.
6. Title each new document with the following naming convention: Mid-Tri-Firstname Lastname. Teachers should title each one with something like this example, Mid-Tri-Janelle Hockett.
7. Once each of the student files is created, edit the Google Doc Mid-Tri with the correct information for that student.
8. Print each student’s Google Doc Mid-Tri Progress Report–either as each is complete or after completing all of them.
For 2nd and 3rd Trimesters
The majority of the set-up process will be complete after completing the steps above for Tri 1. (You will need to re-do the above steps for any new students that have arrived since the previous Mid-Trimester.)
At Trimester 2 Mid-Trimester:
- Open each individual student’s Mid-Trimester Progress Report from 1st Trimester
- Update the content for each student to accurately reflect their mid-trimester performance
- Print each student’s updated Mid-Trimester Progress Report for Trimester 2
When the mid-trimester timeframe arrives for 3rd Trimester, repeat the 3 steps in this section.
Topic: Assessment, Instruction
Each District 21 school is named after an American author, and learning and literacy is at the center of our Professional Learning Community. The Modern Pen provides a collaborative location in which District 21 teachers can come together to learn the skills that will enable their students to learn new skills and to understand concepts at an even different level than before.